- 2012 - #28 in the HolisticSearch's European SEO Personality of the Year.
- 2011 - Silver in MediaWeek's 'Agency – Rising Stars'.
- 2010 - Selected as a MediaWeek 30 Under 30.
- 2005 - Most Enterprising Student in the Greater Manchester region from Shell Technology Enterprise Programme.
2012 » 2014
Director of Search and Digital Projects, EMEA
MEC - GroupM (WPP)
2008 » 2012
- Leading Paid and Organic Search across the EMEA region.
Head of SEO
MEC - GroupM (WPP)
2007 » 2010
- Promoted from 'SEO Director' to 'Head of SEO' in August 2011.
- Promoted from 'SEO and Social Media Manager' to 'SEO Director' in January 2010.
- Tasked with the growth of MEC's SEO team: structured the SEO offer, increased client base and grew revenue.
- Recruited and managed team of 25 people including technical and content specialists and client leads.
- Worked with clients to develop and implement award winning Search and Social Media Strategies.
- Clients across various sectors including: FMCG, Finance, Travel, Healthcare, Telecom, Retail, B2B and Pharma.
Co-Founder, Online Marketing Consultant
Good Web Practices
2008 » 2008
- Developed idea and realised website design.
- Sourced graphic designer and gained sponsorship.
- Pitched to potential clients and presented completed work to customers.
- Analysed and advised businesses on web marketing strategies, search engine optimisation, return on investment and website design.
Marketing development and deployment
Schneider Electric Headquarters - Customer Innovation - Specification (Internship, 6 months)
2007 » 2008
- Pioneered the use of new online marketing channels and reporting tools within department.
- Restructured online order process by overhauling website and outsourcing logistics to Spain: reduced costs by 300%.
- Created search engine optimisation resources that were used within Schneider Electric.
- Worked with Schneider Electric country offices in the deployment of online marketing tools.
Training programme development
Schneider Electric Headquarters - Customer Innovation - Buildings (Internship, 5 months)
2004 » 2006
- Responsible for creating a 2 day training programme for sales executives in developing markets (Dubai, India and China).
- Liaising with management, developed the training programme based upon a solutions selling approach.
- Created resources for the hotel sectors vertical intranet based upon the training plan.
International marketing strategy development
(Two internships, 4 months)
2003 » 2004
- Created and implemented a marketing strategy for entry into the US market (valued at over $113m).
- Personally responsible for Fingershield's online marketing strategy (including PPC and SEO): sales rose by 28% within 8 weeks.
- Undertook two market studies; analysed and benchmarked against the competition.
- Awarded; 'Most enterprising student 2005 in the Greater Manchester region' by Shell Technology Enterprise Programme for outstanding achievement demonstrated during the placement.
Co-organised largest careers fair in Birmingham University
- Liaised with 50 recruitment companies to attend the event.
- Gained corporate sponsorship.
- Managed a team of 15 students to promote the fair.
- Managed a budget of €10,000.
2006 » 2007
Grenoble Graduate School of Business, France
Master of International Business. Awareded with Merit (average of 17/20)
Focus - Global business strategy, International finance, E-business, Management of technology and innovation.
2002 » 2006
The University of Birmingham
Bachelor of International Business Commerce. 2:1 Honours
Focus - Strategic Management, Marketing, Accounting, HRM, Business Ethics and E-commerce.
2004 » 2005
L'Université Jean Moulin Lyon III, France
DEUF (Diplôme d'Etudes Universitaire Françaises), SELF
Focus - Cross Cultural Management, Managing Global Business, HRM, Français Langue Etrangère.
2000 » 2002
Lancaster Royal Grammar School
A-Levels in Business Studies (A), General Studies (A), Geography (A), History (B).
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Image editing (e.g. Fireworks, Photoshop).
- Online marketing, Search Engine Optimisation, Pay Per Click.
- Website development (HTML, CSS, Joomla, WordPress): Created and manage over 20 websites.
- I regularly enjoy sports including tennis, cross country running, hiking and snowboarding.
- As a practising Christian I have been involved in church activities from an early age. Some of my experiences include: co-leading the University Halls Christian Union, leading youth groups and being a leader on summer camps for children.