- 2012 - #28 in the HolisticSearch's European SEO Personality of the Year.
- 2011 - Silver in MediaWeek's 'Agency – Rising Stars'.
- 2010 - Selected as a MediaWeek 30 Under 30.
- 2005 - Most Enterprising Student in the Greater Manchester region from Shell Technology Enterprise Programme.
2012 » 2013
Director of Search and Digital Projects, EMEA
MEC - GroupM (WPP)
2008 » 2012
- Leading Search (PPC and SEO) across the EMEA region.
Head of SEO
MEC - GroupM (WPP)
2007 » 2010
- Promoted from 'SEO Director' to 'Head of SEO' in August 2011.
- Promoted from 'SEO and Social Media Manager' to 'SEO Director' in January 2010.
- Tasked with the growth of MEC's SEO team: structured the SEO offer, increased client base and grew revenue.
- Worked with clients to develop and implement SEO on-page, SEO off-page and social media strategies.
- Clients worked with included: Bank of America (MBNA), Berghaus, Bionsen, Charles Worthington, Colgate, Expedia, Halifax, Haribo, Homeserve, ITC Classics, Lloyds TSB, Love Food, Merck (Univadis), Orange, Pleasure Beach Blackpool, Regus, Sony Ericsson, TomTom and Transform Medical Group.
Co-Founder, Online Marketing Consultant
Good Web Practices
2008 » 2008
- Developed idea and realised website design.
- Sourced graphic designer and gained sponsorship.
- Pitched to potential clients and presented completed work to customers.
- Analysed and advised businesses on web marketing strategies, search engine optimisation, return on investment and website design.
Marketing development and deployment
Schneider Electric Headquarters - Customer Innovation - Specification (Internship, 6 months)
2007 » 2008
- Pioneered the use of new online marketing channels and reporting tools within department.
- Restructured online order process by overhauling website and outsourcing logistics to Spain: reduced costs by 300%.
- Created search engine optimisation resources that were used within Schneider Electric.
- Worked with Schneider Electric country offices in the deployment of online marketing tools.
Training programme development
Schneider Electric Headquarters - Customer Innovation - Buildings (Internship, 5 months)
2004 » 2006
- Responsible for creating a 2 day training programme for sales executives in developing markets (Dubai, India and China).
- Liaising with management, developed the training programme based upon a solutions selling approach.
- Created resources for the hotel sectors vertical intranet based upon the training plan.
International marketing strategy development
(Two internships, 4 months)
2003 » 2004
- Created and implemented a marketing strategy for entry into the US market (valued at over $113m).
- Personally responsible for Fingershield's online marketing strategy (including PPC and SEO): sales rose by 28% within 8 weeks.
- Undertook two market studies; analysed and benchmarked against the competition.
- Awarded; 'Most enterprising student 2005 in the Greater Manchester region' by Shell Technology Enterprise Programme for outstanding achievement demonstrated during the placement.
Co-organised largest careers fair in Birmingham University
- Liaised with 50 recruitment companies to attend the event.
- Gained corporate sponsorship.
- Managed a team of 15 students to promote the fair.
- Managed a budget of €10,000.
2006 » 2007
Grenoble Graduate School of Business, France
Master of International Business. Awareded with Merit (average of 17/20)
Focus - Global business strategy, International finance, E-business, Management of technology and innovation.
2002 » 2006
The University of Birmingham
Bachelor of International Business Commerce. 2:1 Honours
Focus - Strategic Management, Marketing, Accounting, HRM, Business Ethics and E-commerce.
2004 » 2005
L'Université Jean Moulin Lyon III, France
DEUF (Diplôme d'Etudes Universitaire Françaises), SELF
Focus - Cross Cultural Management, Managing Global Business, HRM, Français Langue Etrangère.
2000 » 2002
Lancaster Royal Grammar School
A-Levels in Business Studies (A), General Studies (A), Geography (A), History (B).
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Image editing (e.g. Fireworks, Photoshop).
- Online marketing, Search Engine Optimisation, Pay Per Click.
- Website development (HTML, CSS, Joomla, WordPress): Created and manage over 20 websites.
- I regularly enjoy sports including tennis, cross country running, hiking and snowboarding.
- As a practising Christian I have been involved in church activities from an early age. Some of my experiences include: co-leading the University Halls Christian Union, leading youth groups and being a leader on summer camps for children.